Coronavirus Advice & Information
Home learning from the previous academic year can be found below. All new learning for 2020-2021 will now be provided in this section of the website too during the national lockdown.
Information about our remote learning offer, including help with accessing devices, data and learning websites can be found here: https://www.ourladys.bham.sch.uk/ol-remote-learning-offer/
All current learning for your child can be found below. If you have any difficulty locating work for your child please call the school office on 0121 464 4459.
Information - Pupils with SEND- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Ms Green (Sendco) directly - SENDCO@ourladys.bham.sch.uk
Re-opening letter and Updated Pupil and Parent Handbook
Resources to Support a Return to School
Re-Opening Risk Assessment & Updates
Information on Microsoft Teams
Support for anxiety
These are worrying times and you and your child may be experiencing episodes of anxiety.
If you have concerns or would benefit from expert advice on how to best support your child during this time, please see the flyer (above) from Birmingham Educational Psychology department who are offering free consultation time (via telephone) to parents of pupils in Birmingham.
Please contact me by email through the school website if you have any questions or if there is anything else I can help you with,
During these times, it is important to keep our children safe online. We have worked with National Online Safety to deliver an interactive online workshop for all our parents & carers.
The course can be taken at your own convenience and covers:
- Information about online dangers and the newest platforms
- What online risks to look out for and how to protect your child
Please find below the URL you need to visit to register your account You will need to complete your details and select “I am a: Parent/Carer” from the dropdown:
Once you have registered, you will be able to access the “Online Safety for Parents and Carers’ course and National Online Safety’s Resources (which includes 50+ online platform guides on the latest social media channels and games). This aims to help empower parents with the knowledge to protect their children from the dangers of the internet.
If you have any questions, or trouble accessing the course please contact email@example.com.
You can help to slow the spread of Coronavirus!
- Make sure you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and don’t attend work or school.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
- If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
Message from Dr Justin Varney, Director of Public Health:
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline
We have launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
· No school should close in response to a suspected (or confirmed) COVID-19 case unless directed to do so by Public Health England.
The importance of hygiene
Personal hygiene is the most important way we can tackle COVID-19. Please help us in sharing simple and effective hand hygiene messages.
Public Health England has a dedicated webpage with a range of posters and digital materials at:
Sign up is quick, free and means you will be alerted as more resources are made available.
Where to find the latest information
Updates on COVID-19:
Guidance for educational settings:
Travel advice for those travelling and living overseas:
Confirmed cases after official testing
Please only use this form if you or a member of your household has a confirmed case (after official testing) of Coronavirus.