Reading: Black Dog
Reading Task 1
- Based on what we know so far and the information on this page, how would you describe the character Small in three words?
- What does the response “Ha!” tell us about how Small was feeling?
- Look at the illustration. What is a barricade and what did they use for their barricade?
- Why has the author used brackets on this page?
- Look at the last line of the page, write it out and underline the adverbial phrase.
Reading Task 2:
- What were the family’s response to Small and the black dog on these pages?
- How do you think the rest of the family were feeling at this time?
- How did Mrs Hope describe the black dog when she was talking to Small?
- What do you think the message behind the story is? What do you think the author is trying to teach us through Small’s bravery and actions? Think about what Small did and how the black dog changed.
Reading Task 3:
I hope you enjoyed the book the ‘Black Dog.’ Now that you have finished the book, complete the book review below. If you can’t print it out, design one of your own. I would love to see your book reviews so try and send me a picture!