Our SENCo is Mrs N. Copland
Please contact her if you have any questions about additional needs for your child.
From September 2014, all schools are expected to publish a document called the 'Local Offer'.
This document helps parents/carers of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) understand what services they and their families can expect from a range of local agencies.
It should help them understand how the system works, and how the local authority, local area and the school will support both the child and the family.
You can read our local offer below:
The information you should be able to find on a Local Offer Website includes:
- Sources of support, advice and information for children, young people and families including support groups and forums.
- Special educational, health and social care provision for children and young people with SEN or disabilities
- Arrangements to identify and assess children and young people with SEN, including how an assessment can be requested.
- Other educational provision, for example leisure activities, sports or arts provision,
- Information about provision to assist in preparing children and young people for adulthood including post-16 education and training provision
- Arrangements for travel to and from schools, post-16 institutions and early years providers
- Childcare, including suitable provision for disabled children and those with SEND
- Support available to young people in higher education, particularly the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) and the process and timescales for making an application for DSA
- Arrangements for resolving disagreements and for mediation, and details about making complaints