Reading: Black Dog
- How was the pond described?
- Write down the prepositions from page one (remember a preposition tells us the position of something.)
- Based on Small’s actions so far, how would you describe her? Think of three adjectives.
- Why do you think the black dog is following Small?
- Can you write your own rhyme for the dog, ending with ‘and the black dog followed….’
- Write down the verb on page 1.
- What time of day do you think it is and why?
- What are you starting to notice about the black dog?
- Write down what you think Small’s plan is and what you think will happen next.
- Copy down all of the verbs from this page.
- Who is Small talking about when it says ‘they?’
- What are the two rhyming words on this page?
- How do you think the family will react when they see the dog has entered the house? Write down one thing Mrs Hope might say and one thing that Maurice Hope might think.