On Sunday 31st May 2020, it was Pentecost Day.
This week, your work will revolve around this theme.
- Read the story of Pentecost from the Acts of the Apostles.
- Use drama, freeze-frame and speaking and listening activities to explore the text together.
- Concentrate on the thoughts and feelings of the disciples at this special event
- What were the disciples now able to do with the gift of the Holy Spirit?
Acts of the Apostles 2: 1-17 – Pentecost Day
- The gift of the Holy Spirit changed the lives of the disciples from fear to proclaiming the resurrection of Jesus.
- This was difficult at times for the disciples and many people stood in their way, notably Saul of Tarsus.
- Read and dramatise the story of the Damascus Road. What was Saul like up until this moment? Brainstorm as many words and ideas as possible.
- What did Paul become like? Brainstorm words and ideas again and compare and contrast with original list.
- Draw pictures of Paul – before and after the event and write captions to describe what he was like.