Forest School is an opportunity for children to experience nature and the outdoor environment in a safe and secure setting.
In Forest School, children learn to success in areas of: confidence, team building, independence, speaking and language, through engaging tasks. Each session helps develop children's motor skills with hands on activities and helps develop numeracy skills.
Children learn best from first-hand experience. The children learn the rules of Forest School, as they do in the classroom, and recite them each week and agree to follow them:
- Stranger Danger
- Good Listening
- No picking things from the trees
- No putting fingers or other things in their mouths
- No leaving the site unsupervised
- Emergency procedures
Each academic school year, all children from EYFS attend a series of ten Forest School sessions in our onsite Forest School. These are planned to fit the seasons of the year.
In the winter months children will need:
- Woolly hat
- Waterproof coats and trousers (supplied by the school)
In the summer months children will need:
- Sun hat
- Long sleeved top
- Waterproof trousers (supplied by the school)
- Wellies (to protect children's ankles)