Black Dog: Reading Task 1
Reading Task 1: Answer the questions below:
- What actions show that Mrs Hope was surprised?
- Find and copy a question that she asked.
- Find the word ‘yelled’ and replace it with a word that would still have the same meaning.
- What did Mr Hope tell Mrs Hope to do?
- Find and copy an exclamation from the text.
- Can you write a prediction of what you think will happen next?
Reading Task 2
Reading Task 2- Black dog
- What did Adeline Hope drop?
- What does it mean by ‘she didn’t waste any time?’
- What did Adeline Hope compare the black dog to?
- What question did she ask?
- What advice did Mr and Mrs Hope give?
- What do you notice about the black dog as we go through the book?
- What words were used instead of ‘said?’
Reading Task 3
Reading Task 3- Black dog
- What did all the family members first say when they got up?
- Why did Maurice drop his teddy?
- What did Maurice compare the black dog to?
- What do you now notice about the advice that the parents give? What does this show?
- Look at the picture of Maurice in his bedroom. How do you know Maurice is scared?
- What would you do if you looked out of your bedroom window and saw a dog that size?