Take your child on a walk to look for the signs of summer. Talk to them beforehand about things to look and listen for and things to smell and touch.
Things to observe:
- look at the sky and observe clouds and areoplane trails
- listen for the signs of summer such as bees buzzing, birds singing, children playing and lawnmowers
- observe people working, playing and relaxing in the sunshine
- spot butterflies, ladybirds and bumblebees
- collect natural things such as leaves, wildflowers and feathers