Listen and join in with the songs then practise ordering numbers going back from number 10.
Adult support will be needed.
Share the story 'Tyrannosaurus Drip' by Julia Donaldson. Ask your child to talk about how the different dinosaurs behaved in the story and discuss how we are all different. Ask the question 'If a dinosaur came to visit, what would it need to know so that it could follow our house rules?'
After hearing the story you could ask,
- How are the duckbilled dinosaurs and the tyrannosaurs different?
- What do the duckbilled dinosaurs eat?
- How do the tyrannosaurs treat Tyrannosaurus Drip?
- Do you think that the tyrannosaurs are happy that Tyrannosaurus Drip is different from them?
- How do you think Tyrannosaurus Drip felt when the tyrannosaurs were laughing at him?
- How does Tyrannosaurus Drip find out that he is not a tyrannosaurus?
- How does Tyrannosaurus Drip trick his tyrannosaur family?
- Why do you think that the duckbill dinosaurs are blue and the tyrannosaurs are red?
- What would you say to the tyrannosaurs if they came to house?