Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The Government is providing new, substantial primary school sport funding.
This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Purpose of Funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE.
- New or additional sport clubs.
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport.
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport.
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games.
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport.
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.
How will we be spending the Sports Funding and who will benefit?
We aim for all children to benefit, regardless of sporting ability, by increasing the number of competition opportunities, as well as developing the quality and increasing participation of pupils in our after school clubs.
We will also ensure transport is in place in order for pupils to attend an increasing number of sports competitions and events. In addition, we aim to ensure that staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development.